Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Rare Moment of Lucid Clarity

By Kanrei

I had a moment of clarity. It was very weird. It was like my mind just shut down entirely and my heart stopped and everything around me froze in its place. The entire universe ceased to be except for one thought. One single vision and it was not a pretty one.

I saw everything that is going on today in the world as one big event instead of many small ones. I saw how each one is leading to the next and creating the situation for yet another to grow. I saw that each prominent person on the world stage today are playing roles they did not write in a play they have not read. I see the path we are on and how easy it could be to throw the course off track.

The moment first started when I read Syria and Venezuela signed nineteen treaties declaring the United States and Israel the biggest threats to the world. One stipulation of the treaties is free travel now exists between the two countries, so terrorists have a very easy path to South America now. I was relieved that Fox is no longer in Mexico and that friendship is moot.

Then, out of the blue President Bush announced the existence of the 14 secret prisoners. This was good news on the surface, but then it was announced that they were being sent to Cuba. That bothers me. Not that they are being sent there, but that we would announce it. There are things we do not need to know and, more importantly, our enemies do not need to know.

Like clockwork we get the story of Iran’s president coming to America via Cuba. He is attending a conference there with such other great people as Castro, and Chavez. Chavez of course is the President of Venezuela which formed a union with Syria which is teamed up with Iran. Cuba is also where we are sending the secret 14.

With me so far? Ok, here we go…

The GOP is going into the November elections looking very bad. They are probably going to lose one if not both houses of Congress. If that happens, then Bush’s legacy circles the drain. He will be censured in the least and impeached at the most. He needs a miracle and not the free ticket to a Dead show type.

War and terror have saved them in the past elections and they are counting on it to happen again this time. They are drumming up war with Iran now. This is a very scary time. Cuba is only 91 miles away and we are returning to that feeling of the “Cuban Missile Crisis” only with bomb-vest wearing terrorists that close instead of nukes.

Last night when I wrote about this, I said I did not know what to do. I have thought about nothing but this all day. I owe my boss a day’s pay I suppose, but I think I have an answer. It is not perfect, probably not even good, but it is something and it is a start.

The first step is a redeployment of most of the troops in Iraq. We must work out with the U.N. a steady replacement of our troops with U.N. peacekeepers. As 10,000 of their come in, 10,000 of ours come home. This will mainly let the world know Iraq is Iraq and not the 51st state. We have more troops there than we have here. Something is not right about that.

The second step is get serious about our borders. When I say this I do not mean only with Mexico. I live in a state that has just an immigration problem just as large if not larger than any western state. We even have a “dry land” policy allowing any Cuban who makes it to dry land the right to stay here illegally. Think about that. Any Cuban that we do not catch in the water gets to stay here without fear of deportation. Think about what that means for Florida. How long until Iran starts getting Cubans sympathetic to their cause?

The third step is that we, the citizens of the United States must just give back some faith to our government. We have been betrayed and we have been fooled. We were suckered into a war we had no business fighting. All of this is true, but now we have so neutered the government that they feel they must tell us everything.

I am guilty of breaking this last one probably more than anyone else. Like I said in the beginning, this was a moment of clarity. They do not happen often for me. It could be the fact that the threat is finally real to me. 91 miles is not very far away when one is talking about a terrorist training camp. It could be I am worn out from fighting the war over the war. It could be that I do see the threat others have been talking about so passionately.

I really do not know why. I know that we must change paths now, not later. I know none of the plans from the Republicans or the Democrats are going to work because they are basing their plans on countering the other party and not the terrorists. The countdown has begun I fear and if my plan sucks, please state yours. We need something now!

11 comments:

RexZeitgeist said...

Whoa....deep.......

Lets look at some of your points;

"We have been betrayed and we have been fooled. We were suckered into a war we had no business fighting. "

Make sure that when you say we, you say 'we', except Rex......No one fooled me about anything, I was begging for Saddam to be taken out since 1991.......He had to go period ........I don't see your inabiility to see that......We had been at war with Saddam ever since there......

What would your solution to the problem of Saddam have been? Saddam had bought off the French, Russinas, and the Chinese....The UN was in his pocket.....

What would you have done? Let him off sancitons so he coulod go back to genocide and mass murder.....With more money then ever before?

We don't know if the President gave us the straight scoop about the prisons....my guess is that the New York Al Jazeera, er Times had the story and was about to run with it......

This war is unlike any other, the media is intentionally damamging our ability to fight it....


I had a moment of clarity 16 and 1/2 years ago....and that was Saddam Hussein had to be stopped....

Unknown said...

Saddam would have been on my list too, but even I realized Saddam was a major factor holding Iran back and would have kept Saddam around until I had Iran taken care of.

Rex Zeitgeist said...

How?....the guy was intent on getting the US back.....Don't take my or anyone elses words for it....Take Saddams.....


I totally agree with you about Chavez....the guy is a menace and neds to be dealt with........I always go back to Cindy Sheescat holding his arm up in solidarity against the United States.....nice woman, that Sheescat......

Unknown said...

I don't take Saddam's word for anything. I said I would take him out, but he was a good distraction for Iran. Better to keep Iran looking at two enemies rather than focusing on one.

Rex Zeitgeist said...

I think its better to take your enemies out before they attack you.........Saddam is in a jail cell awaiting execution, this is a good thing.....

Rex Zeitgeist said...

But if you kick the can down the road, who would have dealt with Saddam?....eventually he would have gotten off santions, the Russian and French had been working on it for years....then what?


How would you have dealt with him?

Unknown said...

I am not sure to be honest. Not how, but when would be shortly after we are in Tehran.

Rex Zeitgeist said...

Remember that 90% of the US population was for ousting Saddma based on Clinton era intellegence....It had been regime change policy since 1998.....Saddam had to go....

Iran is a different animal altogether.....So is Pakistan, and North Korea, etc, etc......

Unknown said...

Iran is what gets me in the crossfire between the left and right. I have supported war with Iran my entire life and see this as America finally catching up with me.

I was 8 when the hostage crisis was happening. Even though I was so young, my teacher was fixated and we watched it every day. Every day.

Then in 83 when the Marines got bombed in Beruit I had heard people saying Iran was behind that and, true or not sealed it for me.

Rex Zeitgeist said...

Itr was true, a guy name Mughbia (sp) was behind the bombing in Beruit....

You are correct, we have been at with Iran since the hostage crisis......I was in Italy at the time and was locked down at the school for two day.......I don't kno wth eanwser to Iran yet.....But I do we cannot let them have 'THE bomb'

Unknown said...

I agree fully. We also cannot allow them access to Cuba.