Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Lemming Hurricane Update


The 11:00 advisory came out and it is a good news/bad news situation. The good news is that is is now Tropical Storm Ernesto, so the hurricane fears can relax a bit. The bad news is that it is pretty much heading straigh for the Lemming House.

Do not fear for the Lemming House though. It is basically a cement box with two stories and windows facing north and south so I am in a good place. I will try and get some propane for my grill and a steak and enjoy the storm.

2 comments:

RexZeitgeist said...

Storms are fun when your married (or otherwise entwined)......If you have something to do, i.e. cards, boardgames, 'other things'........its makes the time fly by.......


My buddy used to tell me a story about being trapped in the snow without a car or phone. His wifes family didn't check on them for 4 days and they had no food for themselves or their dog.....Every time it snowed he would tell how horrible it was to be stranded for 4 days without food.....

I had heard this story about 10 times before I finally asked him how far away his wifes family lived......his anwser?

about a 1 mile and 1/2.....!!!!!

and they never thought to throw on there coats and for for a walk?!?

I snorted coffee out my nose.....


P.S. My friend is a lazy bastard.....

Anonymous said...

Lazy republican