Thursday, June 07, 2007

One Last Baby Blog

I have written so much about this birth you might think it was my child coming into this world, but it isn't; just a good friend's. The reason I am writing today is that I noticed something very cool that I forgot to write about yesterday. Trust me when I say this is worthy of yet another baby blog.

Babs, the mother, was born on December 7th. That date might sound familiar to you. Think historically. It was on December 7th, 1941 that Pearl Harbor was attacked and World War Two began. I always find birthdays that fall on historical dates to be so interesting and easy to remember.

And now for the weird part. You see, Babs' child was born yesterday, June 6th. That date should also sound familiar to you if you think historically around the same era as the mother's birthday. Yes, June 6th, 1944 was the start of the Normandy invasion that started the end of World War Two.

What are the odds a mother born on the date that started a war having a child born on the date that ended it? You cannot make this stuff up.

3 comments:

Serena said...

That is some coincidence! I think that child was born lucky. Mark my words. And I'm very glad she WAS finally born. Hope she and mom both are happy and healthy.

Speaking of "lucky" kids -- Aiieeee!! -- guess who's out of jail already?

Camille Alexa said...

S's great Aunt Edna (who is still with us) turned 40 the day they bombed Pearl Harbor.

Scary Monster said...

Me used to get me High school report cards on Dec.7. Them really were days that lived in infamy.