Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday vs Microsoft Word

2007 is off to a good start thus far it would appear. I mean I am having another good Friday this week. I even have plans this weekend to boot. OK, they are with my family, but plans are plans and I will be out of the Lemming House on Saturday which is not usual. I will even be out of the Lemming House before noon on a Saturday which is unheard of. Weird, huh?

Did you know Microsoft Word is Christian? Neither did I, but I have noticed this need for Word to tell me I spell “good” wrong every time I say I am having a good Friday. It wants me to capitalize the “G” so it is “Good Friday”, but that is only once a year I think. The little “you screwed up” green line is under the good in this sentence as well. Freaking wrong Word tells me I spell my last name wrong every time too.

You know you are a horrible speller when Word cannot even give you suggestions. So many times Word has said to me “Dude, you are on your own you illiterate freak. I am surprised you got your name right. Oh wait, you didn’t.” YES I DID YOU STUPID PROGRAM!

Sorry, I hate Word most times and am 100% dependant on it because I spell so horribly. I should be thankful for those annoying red and green lines for letting me know when I screw up, but some assistance other than “wrong again schmuck” would be nice. Makes me happy I use a demo version although if I paid I might get more help. Hmmmm….

We are at T-90 minutes until the weekend folks. I hope you have a great one. Babble more later…

3 comments:

Serena said...

Heh. I did not know Microsoft was doing double duty as a missionary. LOL.

Personally, I much prefer Word to Word Perfect. I paid to get Word to replace my free WP. It does annoy me that it will automatically correct the spelling of my Twisted Linguistics if I don't watch it, but I guess I sort of like the annoying red and green lines because they alert me that I've screwed up.

Anonymous said...

Hey, us guys that don't spell well need all the help we can get.

Unknown said...

Before I met a word cop spelling wrong was just another part of creative writing. Now I fear being put on public display. The sheriff would not do it, but she now has many deputies running about. No longer a safe world for the spelling criminal.