Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Lemmings Artist of the Fortnight: Elysian Fields

I have a confession to make to everyone. I am really bad at updating on any sort of schedule. Every one I have tried to keep for this blog has failed horribly. My “Lemming Artist of the Week” ends up being the artist of the months. My weekly secrets of life column sort of died when I hit the writer’s block wall and the Charlie story has fallen into limbo since I wrote myself into a corner with it.

I do complain and rant on a fairly regular basis so that is something. My “Its Friday” column continues unaffected by my sloth and forgetfulness. There is some hope I suppose. I just need to make some minor adjustments. Focus on bi-weekly updated columns and monthly themed pieces. That should work for both me the writer and you the reader.

To kick off this new path of attempted order at the Lemming House I would like to introduce the “Official Lemming Artist of the Fortnight: Elysian Fields.”

The lead singer’s voice is like something out of a dream. Her voice makes the hair on my neck stand up and chills to drip slowly down my spine. She looks like Jessica Rabbit in my head and just oozes that same sex appeal. To ever see what Jennifer Charles looked like in real life would ruin the illusion.

The style of music they play drifts from song to song. They will play something that sounds like 90’s Goth rock and follow it with a song that would fit in a 30’s night club after closing.

I really do not know very much about this band and I do not want to know very much. It is something weird about me when I really like a band I try to not learn too much about them. I want to just enjoy the music and assign my own meaning to it. This is one of the few new groups to grab me from the first note and has yet to let go.

They have a website as well as a Myspace page. Check them out and you will thank me.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Steve,
Thanks for the support but I want a schedule for me as much as for the guests.
I do not know what it is about her voice, but I feel it in my entire body when she sings and that has never happened to me before.

Rex Zeitgeist said...

Kanrei said...
Hey Steve,
Thanks for the support but I want a schedule for me as much as for the guests.
I do not know what it is about her voice, but I feel it in my entire body when she sings and that has never happened to me before.




I think our Kanrei is going through puberty!

Unknown said...

Rex,
Download Black Acres and you will see or rather hear exactly what I am talking about.

Serena said...

Kan, I wouldn't worry about being off-schedule. I hate schedules, rebel against them every chance I get. The way I see it, stuff gets done when it gets done. And it happens exactly when and as it's supposed to, anyway.

Ed & Jeanne said...

I'm lucky if I can drum up a post much less a theme schedule. And I write about nothing of consequence! No, I don't think you have to worry about schedules.