Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Writing a Post Does Not Mean I Care


I wish I cared about Princess Diana. I really do because it seems like a story custom made for a conspiracy freak such as myself, but I just cannot get into it. Was it the paparazzi who caused the crash or are they just the cover for some multi-national conspiracy to kill off the future Queen of England? I think she would be Queen of England that is, but I never really cared enough to even know that much. Either way, that is just screaming “Kanrei Konspiracy” and I am ignoring its pleas.

There is a political aspect to today’s revelation that the NSA was tapping her phones and monitoring her activities and that sorta gets my attention. The story of the NSA keeping tabs on Diana means that Bill Clinton did use illegal wiretaps just like the right has been screaming all along. The stories of the secret recorders that would trigger when certain words were uttered over the phone are true as well. In fact, now every horror story about the Clinton presidency is fair game and must be considered by any proud wearer of a tin foil cap.

This also moves Bush from the most evil and sinister President ever to just another hypocritical politician who will say anything to get elected and do anything to stay elected. Pity- at least criminal mastermind had an air of intelligence behind it. Now there is nothing left for Dubya other than the role of bungling boob lame duck that followed the wrong white rabbit and took the other pill.

I do not even know which is worse to be perfectly honest anymore because both are horrible. Bush’s assaults on our personal liberties are at least done in the guise of trying to protect us from another terrorist attack. There is even the remotest of chances he really believes the best way to protect freedom is to limit it, I don’t really know. I do know that Clinton did not have the benefit of the same good cover story, so his may be worse, but then I continue with my train of thought.

The truth is that there is no reason as of yet to suspect that Clinton ever did wiretap private American citizens. Princess Diana is not a citizen, was not in America when she was bugged and is a world figure. While England is an ally, I do not know if bugging world leaders is the norm or if this is like the bugging of John Lennon. I just know I wish the story was about someone else because I just cannot put any effort into this tale.

I do not even know why I wrote this much about it to be honest. Insomnia in the form of late night finger babble I suppose.

6 comments:

Rex Zeitgeist said...

"Bush’s assaults on our personal liberties are at least done in the guise of trying to protect us from another terrorist attack"


Oh my, this shows how the very DNA of a liberal and a conservative differ......The ingrained way of thinking is genetically different in many aspects......I still keep wating for one single episode of some 'innocent American' losing even one single 'freedom'.......waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.....


That being said, I am waiting for the full story to come out on ths episode, before I pass a judgement or form my final opinion....Maybe it didn't really happen, and maybe it was justified...


I think there are at least three more shoes to drop before the end of this strange tale.....

Unknown said...

It's like this Rex,
Have you ever been sitting at a red light and a cop pulls up behind you? You have not done anything wrong, you are not even moving, but you still feel your heart speed up. You begin second guessing every motion you make because you do not want the cop to think you are doing anything. You are innocent of anything, but there is still the threat of the pull over if the cop thinks you are, so you find yourself no longer free to behave how you would.
This is the same feeling when they are monitoring what we say, read and do. You find yourself second guessing because you do not want to create the illusion of wrong doing.

Serena said...

This case makes great fodder for the conspiracy theorists, that's for sure. I don't know what really happened. It may never be known entirely. I will say this -- Paul was a professional holding down a very high profile, very well paid job. I have a hard time believing he would spend the night drinking and then get behind the wheel drunk.

I don't believe the U.S. had any business bugging her, either. The idea of Diana being a threat to world security is so laughable that it falls into the realm of Science Fiction.

Rex Zeitgeist said...

Kan, if I was communicating with terrorist overseas, yea I would be worried.....Roxan talked about propoganda the other day, this 'we lost freedom under Bush' crap, is total propoganda.....

I am sorry, but its a talking point, and those who use it forget every president that came before George Bush and what they did during times of war and peace....

Anonymous said...

Think of 24...
Actually maybe it was her boyfriend they were actually bugging...he was Egytian I believe..His daddy owns Harrods in London

Unknown said...

Now THAT would make sense to be honest.