Friday, December 15, 2006

It's Late for a Friday

I know I know I am late with today's "It's Friday", but I have not missed my chance to update yet so here I go. I have yet to miss a single "It's Friday" since starting this blog and am actually shocked about that, but now I must keep it up. Every week I remember is even more pressure to not forget the next week. If you do something every week for a month or so then it might be a short term engagement, but this has been six months so I am obligated. I enjoy it anyway to be honest.

Today we had our official office Christmas party. The party a few weeks ago was just a party for a company we work with, but this time it was our party. Last time I knew no body, this time I knew almost everyone. I also got to just hang out with employees instead of being the boss. It is nice to see them as people and to let them know I am a person as well. I tend to take my job seriously so they rarely see the side of me my fellow Lemmings gets to see. That is the curse of management I suppose.

The party was held in a new hotel in Coconut Grove and was just perfect. We were on the eighth floor over looking the bay and gazing at all the sailboats and the horizon and it was amazing. This was the best party I have attended since joining the company. Probably because this is the first year without the ENT group. They are nice people, but we do not know them at all. The parties were supposed to be a chance for our two groups to get to know each other, but each group stuck to their own so that never worked. This year we decided to just cut to the chase and have just our party. We have grown too big to share a party anyway.

It is a pity I work in an office of married women. When you see them all year in scrubs it is hard to see them as women. Today, with the make up applied and the nice dresses and everything else I notice how good looking our staff is. My G-d how can every one of them be married? They don't care about my blogging so I can say that here and never worry about them knowing. My boss may know, but she already makes fun of me for that fact anyway. There is one, but she is young and I went the 19 year old route once already...

I am feeling the blogging bug so I probably will update over the weekend. I am finding myself with things to say and bugs up my ass (not literally) so, unlike most weekends there should be new stuff here. I did not find a new game yesterday at Best Buy either. Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 is the way to go by the way. See ya soon.

8 comments:

Serena said...

Most parties I loathe, but that sounds like a party I'd have liked. It's so true that people are much different in their "personal time" than in their "work personas." Um, you're going to have to speak to your bosses about hiring some single women. LOL.

Rex Zeitgeist said...

Everyone should have one affiar in their life Kan.....Strike now while the,...ahem, 'iron' is hot.....

But be aware, nothing but pain and anguish is in the future after a few weeks or months of fun.....


Of course, a 'friend', told me all about it.....


On second thought, bag the 19 year old.......they have short memories....

Anonymous said...

I believe that no 2 19 year olds are the same. Some are much more mature then others........try going out as a friend to a concert or something and go from there....

Unknown said...

The problem with the 19 year old is that I am 35 and not interested in just "dating." I am wife shopping. No matter what, I am 35 and she is 19 so there will always be a 16 year difference. When I am old and depends bound, she will still be young and now tied to an invalid.

Serena said...

Sometimes age gaps don't matter, sometimes they do. I think 19 is too young to be marriageable. I got married the first time at 18, and I can attest that I had no sense at all.

Last March, my then 44-year-old brother married a 29-year-old woman. They separated 2 months ago. I'm not saying it was the age difference, but she did turn out to be very immature for her age.

Rex Zeitgeist said...

My 47 year old brother has a newborn with his 21 year old wife and they are the happiest couple I have ever seen....They have been together for almost three years....


That being said, each person is most comfortable with their certain 'type', I like women my own age or a little older.....I spent 11 years with a woman 12 years older then me and age was rarely, if ever, an issue ....

Unknown said...

It does sort of to me I think. Or it could be an excuse. Who knows =D

Serena said...

Next time I'm looking for a husband or SO, I'm going younger. LOL.