Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Ah AH AH...Ah-Chew!

Want to know one of the more ironic parts about coming home from work sick? Sleeping so much during the day that you find yourself wide awake at midnight and still feeling rather ill. My head is killing me and my throat hurts. Can’t decide if I am cold or hot which is really annoying. I have to work tomorrow for a little while as well which means that I am going to repeat this procedure and be wide awake at midnight tomorrow as well.

I know I should call in and I will probably go in a little late, but I must enter payroll tomorrow otherwise a lynch mob forms and I lack the energy to fight them off with my usual whip and chair. Co-workers understand anything as long as payroll gets entered on time. I would have to rise from my own funeral to do payroll. I am so loyal I probably would too.

Suppose if I do go in tomorrow and do the schedule as quick as possible and payroll I can get home by one and that half day with today’s would only make one real day of work missed. I think that is the best plan since I do not see myself crashing for at another hour.

The things I learn at work are perfect for these situations. I must sit in my room, but not in bed. I must, after typing this, turn off my computer and listen to the radio, but not music. Music is great for most people, but it tends to energize me rather than relax. I tap my foot and drum with my fingers and imagine the band performing in my head. It keeps me up for hours.

I find talk radio works best. It is more like someone telling me a bedtime story. Discovery Channel is the ultimate as long as they are avoiding those damn Wedding Stories or Adoption Tales. Court TV is my back up. Political talk radio is worse for me than music is. I actually start arguing in my head with the host or callers. And I fear silence so there has to be something in the background.

I think it is time to try and sleep again so I bid you a good night or good morning depending on when exactly you are reading this. I really hope I get a full day work in. I am out of documentaries on my Tivo.

One last thought...funny thing about being a blogger is I can tell you the last time I went home sick was September 22nd. Funny statistic, huh?

7 comments:

Serena said...

You poor thing. Hope you made it through your half day. I guess it's probably good that I don't have cable in my bedroom. Otherwise, I'd probably watch/listen to Court TV all night.

Rex Zeitgeist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rex Zeitgeist said...

Ah GET TOUGH!.....Go in to work and cough and sneeze in all of your co-workers faces, make them all sick, so they die.....

Oh wait, for second I was channeling Jackass....Sorry about that.....

Hot soup and lots of rest.....alka seltzer cold plus and plenty of fluids....

Serena said...

Helloooo! Did you survive the night and through today? The soup, fluids, Alka Seltzer, and rest sounds right on.

I channeled a jackass once. Boy, did that take a long time to live down. LOL.

Unknown said...

I am (sorta) alive today. I am in the office and WILL work a full day, but my head is killing me. Thank you for the concern and sorry I have not updated. Today should be a return to normalish Lemming behavior.

Serena said...

Normal lemming behavior? Is that an oxymoron? LOL.

Unknown said...

Normal for a Lemming