Monday, December 04, 2006

Sick of Monday or Sick on a Monday?

I am awake, alive, and ill. My lovely and wonderful co-workers decided to share the illness that has been causing them to call in sick with me. They seem to have wanted me to know they were, in fact sick and not faking it for the holiday season. Let me just say that I finally believe you. Next time a simple doctor’s note will due just fine. I do not need to experience the germs to know you cannot work.

It hit me like a ton of bad mood bricks right in the middle of Saturday’s party. I went from social and happy to lost in Bejeweled in exactly ten minutes. Bejeweled is the only game I have on my phone and it helps me concentrate on something other that feeling ill. It helps usually, but a party is not the place to be lost in a game. As my slowly increasing drunk co-workers got more and more social I got more and more anti-social and ill. I wanted to go home, but I hitched a ride with my parents to the party (I always get lost) and was trapped there.

No I am not a pathetic loser who goes with his parents to parties. It was a company party and I work for family so naturally they were invited to the same party. With gas prices being what they are and the party being an hour away it made more sense to just go together. I just did not want to ruin their good time with my illness so I went to a bench and played my game instead of saying I wanted to leave. Like I said in my weirdness challenge post, I will put other’s happiness ahead of my own.

It was a great party and I wish I had the energy to enjoy it. I should have the energy by the time we have our party. Jessica out did herself this year as always hosting it and made sure everyone had an amazing time and felt appreciated. She is the life of that office.

There is so much happening in the world of politics today and I lack the energy to really dissect it to the degree these things deserve. Bolton is leaving the United Nations when his recess appointment ends this year and Rummy seems to have written a bomb of a memo before resigning, but I just don’t have it in me to do these stories justice yet. Instead I want to crawl back into bed for a few more hours until this pounding in my head passes. Sorry I abandoned the Lemming House this weekend. I slept.

Happy Birthday Phantom who had his on Saturday. I was at the party and could not post here, but I was celebrating your day at the party as well.

2 comments:

RexZeitgeist said...

Hope you start feeling better soon....Hey, I go to paryies with my Mom and Stepdad all the time...They live closer to where the parties and it saves my gas....

Plus, they are usually the fun'ist' people at the party, I did this even when married....

Feel better man!

Serena said...

Poor Kan. You'd think your co-workers could have given you a better class of "gift." Take care of yourself, stay home and in bed if you need to, and feel better soon.