Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Quick Humor Moment and 100% True Story

The scene: a hallway in my office
The characters: myself and a female co-worker

Female: Brad, I need to know where to find…what’s it called?

Brad: I don’t know

Female: It’s that thing you put more things on…

Brad: Ok…

Female: Do you know where to find a….you put songs and stuff on it…

Brad: A MP3 player?

Female: No, it’s for your computer. Do you know where to find a… fuck?

Brad: If I knew where to find a fuck, I would be much happier person.


The words she was struggling for were “external hard drive.”

The moral of the story: I have a very quick and fairly dirty mind most days so be careful what exactly you ask me.

PS- You may have noticed nothing here about the Colorado Church shootings yet. There is a simple reason for this- I cannot find the names of the victims anywhere. I can find the name of the shooter in about 1,000 different places, but not one name of those who matter; the dead. Policy here at the Lemming House is to never print the name of a murdering fame seeking prick who should have used the first bullet on himself. My prayers to everyone who suffered a loss by this asshole. A place of worship is supposed to be a refuge from the threats of daily life.

4 comments:

Serena said...

Yeah, what Nessa said.

I have seen a list of the victims' names somewhere. Alas, I don't recall where. I do remember that two teenage sisters were among the victims.

This "blaze of glory" crap is just sick. What ever happened to sorry, no-good people just quietly offing themselves?

Love what you said to the girl who couldn't think what the effin' thingy was called.:)

Anonymous said...

On TV, The Today Show the gun man is referred to as The Gunman as they talk about the victims...I think TV is reading you.

Anonymous said...

I am not an anonymous

Ed & Jeanne said...

I like nessa's idea. Or even better, let's auction off some firing slots and have people shoot them instead. Hmmm...somehow I've trodden over assisted suicide, death penalty, violence beget violence, and media ethic topics with that little comment. Never mind...