Monday, August 13, 2007

R.I.P. Merv Griffin

Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr: You. You're the elevator killer. Merv Griffin.

Merv Griffin: Yeah.

Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr: Why?

Merv Griffin: I don't know. I've always just loved to kill. I really enjoyed it. But then I got famous, and - it's just too hard for me. And so many witnesses. I mean, *everybody* recognized me. I couldn't even lurk anymore. I'd hear, "Who's that lurking over there? Isn't that Merv Griffin?" So I came to Europe to kill. And it's really worked out very well for me.

-The Man with Two Brains

Rest in Peace and thank you for all the entertainment you have given all these years.

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

A great movie.

R.I.P. Mr. Griffin.

Unknown said...

I know he did so much, but, for me, he will always be the man with the best scene in one of the funniest movies ever made.