Thursday, July 12, 2007

I Rant Therefore I Am

Today has been a day to rant and not post it seems. Boy have I been writing rant after rant after rant and yet still have not posted a single word to my blog. I honestly cannot tell you why either. I believe in every word I have typed although not necessarily in the quality of how well said words were, well, said.

Did that make sense reading it because it did typing it? If it didn't then you now understand the lack of words on today's blog. The gift of gab is not mine today. Of course if that did make sense then nothing that has come afterwards has. I should probably just move on from here and stop explaining why I cannot explain things today. It is probably self-evident by now.

I had in my head this morning a great piece about how I am “pro-choice/anti-abortion”, but then I really was not sure I really wanted to open that can of worms. I moved on to a story about the Pope's recent announcement about world faiths, but then quickly realized that would open an even bigger can of worms, possibly even a keg of worms, and I was not prepared for that. Besides, I am not Catholic or even Christian so why should I really pay attention to any of that? It does make me wonder if there is one religion on this planet not at war from with as well as from without?

An ex-girlfriend once asked me “how can I love you when I know you don't love yourself?” It was possibly the most painful thing I have ever heard in my life, but eye opening at the same time. Not all good things are pain-free after all I am learning. I remind myself of that question many times in my life: it motivates me, but also helps me in understanding the world at large. How can any faith get along with another when no faith gets along with itself? How can any country really have peace with another country when they are fighting nonstop from within?

What do you think?


Well, well, well...I got a rant in after all.

No comments: