Friday, May 11, 2007

Return of the Friday (Hide the Children)

My damn Word has expired again! Even worse, they actually will not let me reinstall the free demo for a tenth time. I am Wordless and it is looking like I am going to actually have to buy the damn program if I intend to continue blogging or else blog more from work which will not make my boss the happiest of campers. Oh irony of ironies to lose my publishing program the day my arm decides to allow me to type again. Is this a sign from the invisible father figure in the sky?

For the record, this is Friday and this is the “It’s Friday” update. Welcome back everyone to the Lemming House. Thankfully (or sadly) not much has happened during these last few weeks that I have been away from my computer. I have avoided the internet for the most part these last few weeks, have not played video games, and have lost touch with the world of politics and pop culture. It has been a wonderful vacation for my psyche, but I really did not expect the worlds of politics and pop culture to explode quite so much while I was gone. Last vacation I take…

Princess Diana Monroe is going to jail and I missed it! Alberto Gonzalez is busted misleading Congress and I missed it! Spiderman 3 breaks every record known to man and I missed it! Birdie hit the road and I missed it! The “Dear Twit” letters have continued and I have missed them! Scary Monster posted eight really weird things about himself and I missed it! Damn my arm sometimes, just damn it!

News in the Kanrei Lemming Universe- I broke down after receiving my tax return and bought a Playstation 3 the other day. I tried playing the Spiderman 3 game on my PS2, but it was horrible beyond description and, since I care more for the Spiderman games than I do the movies, I had to run out and upgrade my home gaming system. $800 later and I can honestly say the only regret I have is that I must leave it to go to work.

And this is before I even have it hooked up to a HD TV (because I don’t have one) or have it online. Imagine how great it will be once I get the system working in all its glory! A review will be coming I guarantee. I have not given the system the attention it deserves to write about it just yet, but it is certainly thus far impressive. Once my arm is 100% I intend to screw it up once again swinging through Manhattan fighting crime and saving innocents.

I have missed you all and am so happy to be back. I have so much to read this weekend on each of your blogs and I cannot wait. Thank you for waiting for me.

6 comments:

Ed & Jeanne said...

Welcome back. What with Paris going to jail and no Kan to comment on it; I felt so deprived.

Camille Alexa said...

Good thing so much more happens every day, in very short order you'll have a whole slew of new stuff to think upon!

Unknown said...

Kanrei,

Try OpenOffice.org

Serena said...

I'm sorry about your Word deprivation but happy you're back in full force. Lemmings need guidance, you know. Otherwise, they fall off cliffs. And you know you need to do the commentary on Paris's "unjust" confinement.:)

Scary Monster said...

There be no dearth of inanity for you to comment on in the future, me friend. Me just wants to know what $800 dollars worth of gaming upgrades looks like. Me bought a Play Station, like when they first came out and am still using the same machine.

STOMP.

Unknown said...

Sm my friend, it is a whole new world. I am playing Spiderman 3 on a regular tv and the backgrounds look like photos. I am swinging through New York and there is so much to do it boggles the mind. Upgrade my friend, upgrade.