Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Not to Brag But...

My parents were traveling in from Europe on Monday so needless to say I did not get any sleep until they called to let me know they got home safe. When I tried to sleep I found myself listening to the BBC for news of a plane crash or something horrible. Thankfully nothing bad happened. In fact, they had a great time.

Yes, I am one of those people who expects the worst. It makes logical sense when one considers that the last thing a person expects to happen is usually what happens. Since I expect the worst possible thing I take it out of the realm of possibility. It is simply attempting to use the rules of life against the order of things. If there is a plan then there is a pattern and if there is a pattern it can be learned. Logic.

So panic and paranoia kept me from blogging yesterday and sleeping on the job kept me away from blogging today. We had to certify our software for a new study and yours truly was chosen as the sleeping subject.

It was not the luxury it sounds like I assure you. Aside from the wires attached everywhere from head to toe, there is the fact that this was not a real study, but an MSLT.

“What is a MSLT?” I heard someone in the back ask. Great question and I only hope to answer it correctly. A MSLT is a Multiple Sleep Latency Test where a subject stays in bed for two hour and takes a 20 minute nap and this is done four times. The reason is to test for nympholepsy or sleep deprivation. A well rested person will not fall asleep in 20 minutes when in bed no matter how hard they try. A well rested body is a well rested body.

My Playstation 3 is partially to blame as well. Since you are not gamers I will not waste your time explaining it other that to say that I was skeptical, but it is worth the price.

Happy Mommy's Day to all our Mommy Lemmings. I hope you stayed off line.

3 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

What makes you think we aren't gamers?

rkfinnell said...

I'm a gamer. I'm playing a Zelda game at the present. So there. LOL

Serena said...

I'm actually looking for some kind of cool game to get into. I'm really sick of real life. LOL.

Seriously, I don't think expecting the worst is strange at all. I tend to do it. That way, I get surprised when things turn out well.