Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Good-Bye CourtTV, Hello Canada Dry


2007 shall forever be remembered as “the year of loss” and no loss is greater to the global community than the departure of CourtTV.

One would have thought with a name like CourtTV we would have learned more about the inner workings of our judical system, but alas, you took the high road to profitability and gave us everything from the juicy droppings from the Juice’s myriad of legal hassles to the spectacle of the Spector trial and everything in between. With all these celebrities out of control, who will we turn to for gossip and moral grandstanding?

Who will ignore Supreme Court rulings and Congressional investigations to tell me all about Paris’ blood-alcohol level? Who will blindly proclaim a celebrity’s guilt based on public opinion polls? You gave hope to millions of illiterate National Enquirer fans that they too can know about Paris, LiLo, and the Spears kids without the hassle of actual literacy. You will be missed CourtTV. How would I have known who Nancy Glass was without you?

Fear not, I will do my best to carry on your work, but I honestly don’t know how my blog can survive without your constant source of things for me to ridicule. I just don’t think TruTV will feed my desire for things to mock. At least you have left me TheSmokingGun.com. We will see I guess.

R.I.P. CourtTV.

2 comments:

Serena said...

Yeah, what's up with that?! I always counted on CourtTV for live coverage of high-profile trials. I enjoyed it. I have no interest in the pap they're about to turn into and I won't watch it. It's true that they've been going downhill lately, more into tabloid reporting, but I will miss the original concept of CourtTV.:(

Ed & Jeanne said...

Hah, that's funny Kan...and sadly true. You still have the nightly news...isn't that entertaining too?