Thursday, May 22, 2008

Owie, Owie, Owie, Ow, Ow, Owie, and Ouch!

I broke my cherry today! I know, I know; this is a “diary type” post and I swore off of them, but it is still three hours until I am clear to post my Blogcritics essay and am in the mood to post so, I broke my cherry today! Besides, I think that is what the "Lemming Files" label is for actually. Anyway, after 37 years on this Earth, I finally slammed my finger in a door. Ya know they were right- busting one’s cherry does hurt.

Ironic that I am in the mood to post, an act requiring typing, considering it is my index finger that was determined to get an inside look at the inner workings of a door and it’s supporting frame, but there ya have it.

And slamming my finger in the door is not the stupid part of the exchange either, but the postscript. The stupid part was just before when, in Radio Shack, I tried to leave by pushing on the door clearly labeled “PULL.” It was at this moment that Indy, the finger, decided to risk life and limb (it is a finger so its limb is its life) and see that doorframe from the inside. Now I have a small, but growing black and blue spot under my nail and a very off-tempo thumping. This is my “trigger finger” for Grand Theft Auto too!

Speaking of GTA, I picked a great time to renew my blogging bug since my PS3 is still broken and being sent back to Sony yet again. Yes, I caved in and am playing the Sony game. I know I threatened to switch to Xbox, but I already have almost $300 invested in downloaded extras for PS3 games and cannot re-spend that money for Xbox. I am locked in so hopefully I just got an asshole last time and things will go smoothly now.

OK, I got to stop now. I keep using my Indy finger like a moron to type and it hurts now. Until later…

1 comment:

Serena said...

Oooooo, poor finger! They scream something awful when they get mashed, don't they?

Good luck with Sony.