Friday, May 16, 2008

Fri-Digidy-Day-Izzle

I feel as if my blog is circling the drain and actually wanting to go down, but I have kept it tethered and barely alive for almost a year now, not allowing it peace for some unknown reason. I lost my voice and have been pretending as if it were still there, posting rambling pointless rants on nothing of any consequence to anyone. Where I used to at least challenge people with some new abstract thought they successfully avoided for most of their lives, I now am just a spot to come and waste a few minutes on mindless nothing: a place to relax and leave your mind at the door. I realize there are needs for places like that, but I never intended to run one.

When I started blogging, I swore never to allow this place to become just another online diary and that is exactly what this place has become. I take no joy in reading the details of other people’s lives and therefore have never wanted to subject anyone to the inner workings of my own, but what else really have I blogged about? I don’t even write movie reviews anymore for G-d’s sake! I talk about my feelings on certain issues in my life and then leave my blog for days on end with nothing. I find myself posting simply because I haven’t in a few days time, regardless of the fact that I have nothing to say.

All this changed last night as I sat in front of my computer and began my first political essay in the nicotine-free era. It was difficult for certain and I did not have the patience to finish it in one sitting like cigarettes used to help me do, but I did start one and that is enough for me. I hope to have it finished by Sunday or Monday at the latest. I then plan on submitting it to Blogcritics for publishing and should have it up here 24 hours after Blogcritcs accepts it ( how it that for optimism?).

Oh, and it feels great to know I am about to make so many people upset with my standard non-standard political opinions. There is nothing as satisfying for me as a writer than upsetting people on all sides of any issue at one time while remaining 100% correct in my beliefs. I can almost guarantee that, regardless of who you support or don’t for the office of the President, you will be upset at how I see your candidate’s chances of being a good leader.

Oh yea, it’s Friday as well and I am feeling so much better today. I don’t endorse products here, but Excedrin is a miracle worker relieving a headache that no other aspirin or aspirin type pill has.

Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait...I have missed your strong opinions, even if they aren't mine.....I am sure Blogcritics will also be happy to hear from you..

Serena said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your political essay. I'm sure Blogcritics will be pleased with it.

So glad you're feeling better, and I'm glad Excedrin works for you. It doesn't for me; my headaches are Ibuprofen addicts.

Rex Zeitgeist said...

Kan, listen to your mother....

Ed & Jeanne said...

You're right. I remember coming to your blog as my only political source and then you sprinkled in some other thought provoking subjects. As I recall, that's how I first came onto your blog...during a discussion of Real Truth. It'll be good to have you back!