Friday, November 09, 2007

Ooops, It's Friday Again

My mom read my post yesterday, called me immediately, and said “you don’t want to start smoking again. You don’t want to go through quitting again…actually, your father and I don’t want to go through your quitting again.” Amazing that, at 36, guilt still works. I was a prick while quitting smoking.

I would love to have an American Spirit just one more time, for old time’s sake, but I won’t. Mainly because there is no place that sells “loosies” or single cigarettes around here. I also do not know anyone who smokes them, so I am out of luck on that front and should just put it out of my head. Kind of like Joni Mitchell’s “Help Me” was been removed from my head. I guess G-d did read my post.

Yes, it is Friday once again and I am in a great mood today. I have no idea why I am in such a “sunshine and lollipops” mood, but I am and am not going to question it at all. I am going to be happy I have my techs confirmed for the weekend and that we have a decent amount of patients coming in and let it rest at that. I am even going to go to Best Buy at lunch and see if I can’t reward myself for being in such a good mood. The Twin Peaks boxset did come out this week after all.

Well, well, well….its lunchtime right now. I have an appointment at Best Buy to keep. Have a great weekend to all and to all a great weekend!

4 comments:

Ed & Jeanne said...

I've got twin peak plans this weekend too...of a different kind ;)

Camille Alexa said...

Good thing you don't live in Austin, Texas. I don't know anyone who smokes anything other than Spirits.

Keep not smoking. Listen to your Moms.

NYD said...

If you were able to give it up then don't ever, ever light up even one more cigarette for the rest of your life.

Listen to yer mom. She's making sense.

Jack said...

I love Friday!!!!