Sunday, June 19, 2011

D-Day Recovery

I am not a verbally gifted person for the most part. It may be because I have been solitary for so long or maybe I never was very loquacious in the first place, but either way I don't express myself very well with the spoken word and therefore was mostly emotionally silent this weekend. This may lead those attending my festivities with the impression I was not having a good time. This could not be further from the truth. The reality is that this was the best birthday I think I have ever had in my life and I can't thank each one of you enough, but let's try.

MOM- I am awestruck with the planning you put into this weekend and I am humbled to have you as my mother. I could not have asked for a better weekend and you were behind it all. I love you more than I can ever express.

ROB- This was your weekend as well and I hope your Father's day matched my birthday in the amount of joy. All your children and your grandchild were here all weekend long and it was a thing of beauty to watch you with your granddaughter.

JEFF and LAURA- Happty Father's Day to you Jeff as well. And thank you both for coming down on Friday in all that traffic to spend my actual birthday with me even though we were coming up on Saturday. It was very touching you took the time to drive down. I know what a pain the drive is and Nola can be to get ready for anything. Thank you both for coming.

JULIE- Speaking of driving, it would have been a glaring absense had you not drvien down from Gainesville to spend this weekend with me. Of all the gifts I recieved, your coming down was the best.

GORDON- Your love was felt and appreciated. I know you wanted to come down, but the guilt of how much you would have had to go through to get here would have overshadowed the joy of seeing you. We will get together soon.

CAST of HAIR- Wow. Just wow. I got chills during Walking in Space (my favorite song from the show) and was moved at the end. I had grown up on the movie, but now I feel I have finally seen Hair for the first time. Just wow.

For my 41st, I will try to learn how to express myself verbally. Until then, I hope you got to see this and to know how much this weekend meant to me.

Come to think of it...there are no words to cover this feeling of joy and being loved. Thank you so much.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Great blog and thanks for the thoughts. Our family may not be typical but it truly is a good abd caring family. Rob