Tuesday, October 16, 2007

524 Words About Five Subjects

My G-d sometimes it is hard to be a “nice blogger.” Yes, I am trying to be a “nice blogger,” something different I know, but I am slowly realizing why there are so many nasty ones out there- it takes an act of G-d (literally usually) to make something nice flow with the ease of something nasty. There is a reason we blog and, for most of us, it is the outlet for us to say all those things we think, but can never say aloud; polite society rules and all to follow. Not you, my readers of course, I am speaking of all those “other” bloggers out there; the non-lemming bloggers. They are so mean…

I wanted to write about Ann Coulter and her latest foot-in-mouth occasion when she said that Jews need to be perfected and the world would be better off if they embraced it.

DEUTSCH: That isn't what I said, but you said I should not -- we should just throw Judaism away and we should all be Christians, then, or --
COULTER: Yeah.
DEUTSCH: Really?
COULTER: Well, it's a lot easier. It's kind of a fast track.
DEUTSCH: Really?
COULTER: Yeah. You have to obey.
DEUTSCH: You can't possibly believe that.
COULTER: Yes.

I can’t write about that however. If she believes it then she believes it and it is her right. Besides, did I really expect something lucid to come from her mouth?

Then there was Vox Day (whom I usually enjoy, but never agree with) and his taking Coulter’s extreme views and running with them by said such tripe as:

Vanity Fair has recently announced that a remarkable 51 percent of the Vanity Fair 100 Power List are Jewish in a country in which Jews make up approximately two percent of the population. Jews also make up seven percent of the current House of Representatives, 13 percent of the Senate, and, according to John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt, authors of "The Israel Lobby," roughly 100 percent of George W. Bush's foreign policy advisers
-Or even-

Given this irritating behavior, and the historical fact that Jews have worn out their welcome in literally dozens of countries over the centuries, it is the height of foolishness for a small number of misguided individuals to demand that 80 percent of the American population remain silent about the tenets of its religious faith.

But then again, what’s a little hate between friends really?

I do not mean to imply the two quotes above refer to one another by the way. There were many other (stupid)thoughts between the two. Those are just the two that stood out the strongest to me. I suppose that, as a Jew in America, I should either keep my faith and my mouth shut or join the bandwagon and catch the Jesus-train.

I was thinking about writing about the Britster and her getting charged with hit and run (hit me baby one more time?), but do I really need to be yet another dog in that pile? Has she not suffered enough? Do I really need the Google-hits for posting her name here? Yes I guess I do, but I will not comment other that to say "enough already!"

Then there is the saga of the Rubber Chicken Key Ring….I had no luck on that front this weekend. I found some rather nifty key accessories: the fart machine came really close to becoming a new addition as did the Homer Simpson quote generator, but alas, I already have a Dancing Bear and a Lego Darth Vader so space is limited. I only have enough room for the Rubber Chicken Key Ring. The hunt rages on.

One last thing. I am not sure if any of you collect toys at all, but this is an action figure any guy MUST own. It’s the figure you can’t refuse.




Imagine if I had something to say….

12 comments:

Scary Monster said...

Me not gonna get into a big public debate about religion. It be a complete waste of time to try and figure out who's god is best. Like fleas arguing over what kind of dog they are on.

The fact is that any group of people who embrace learning and education as thoroughly as most Jewish people do will find themselves at the top of the socio-economic ladder.

You live and learn or ya don't live long.

STOMP.


Besides me be thinkin that Budda be da Bomb!

Nessa said...

I may be wrong but wasn't Jesus a Jew? I don't believe he was Christianized.

I have a hard time even trying to comment about or on truly ignorant people. The two people you mentioned are one of the reasons Christians don't have a higher standing.

Brit is just Brit, what is there to say...Yay free publicity.

Did you see this or must you buy it in a store?

ThatGreenyFlower said...

Just because world-wide media brings idiots into our houses or workplaces doesn't mean that we have to listen to them. And just because they're world-wide doesn't mean they're bona-fide.

What I keep telling myself is that idiots used to have to mumble to themselves out in the field somewhere. Now they mumble into a mic and everyone calls them "commentators." Bullshoes.

Unknown said...

I honestly did not want to write about either of them. Coulter I can at least understand somewhat. It is what her faith teaches and they do try to get people to convert all the time. I can understand her point of view and not agree, but Vox shocked me. Jews wearing out their welcome? Misguided individuals? Now that is hate. I could not digest it and had to get it out somehow.

I know this post was not your cup of tea and I am sorry for serving it today, but sometimes the tea comes in rotten.

Unknown said...

Oh, and Nessa, it sort of has to be in a store. Anyone can order one online, but only the most pure will stumble upon one.

Online- you pick it.
In a store- it picks you.

Ed & Jeanne said...

I counted 525 words here; but I did get distracted while watching Big Lebowski so it is conceivable I made a mistake. Fortunately Britney's ahead of me in the mistake contest.

Steve Buchheit said...

Ah, what we need now is the Newt Gingrich Action Doll. Leaves it's doll wives all while winning about having to leaves Air Force One through the back door.

Serena said...

Hmmm. I just don't know about this. It kind of hurts to think today, you know what I mean?:)

Nessa said...

We have this young Goth type store in a mall here. I think I saw rubbery chickeny stuff in there. I am on a mission.

ThatGreenyFlower said...

This post isn't WHOSE cup of tea? Seems to me like all of us pretty much agree.

Unknown said...

I have no idea whose cup of tea I was talking about. It makes no sense to me reading it now. I should wait longer after I wake up before I post I think. =D

Camille Alexa said...

You live and learn or ya don't live long.

Kind of seems to me NONE of us live all that long, relatively speaking. I'm just saying.