Saturday, October 29, 2011

Special Message About My Parodies

I write quite a few, but I feel I should explain why and how. They do not reflect my personal politics ever and knowing the why and how should help you understanding them.

I have been a member of a political blog for about 9 years now and we debate any and everything. Quite often, a member will say something and the way they phrase it makes me think of a song and, as any of you know, I am subject to being tormented by Earworms. My choices at that point are to either suffer or to try and turn it against itself.

Writing parodies is something I have done for years. Anyone who ever got stuck with me in a busy pizza kitchen on a Saturday night knows I love writing parodies. Hell, I even remember my sister and I writing a parody of Footloose called "Quaaludes" and I include that example to show how my parodies come from various characters' points of view and do not reflect my own. Neither my sister nor I did drugs when we wrote that song; I was in 7th grade and she in 9th.

So basically, what I am saying is that the songs I post here do not reflect my own personal view points but rather are all based on a vast assortment of online personalities I have experienced in my tenure as a blogger.

I hope that clears some things up.

No comments: