Friday, December 04, 2009

So Dishonest...It is Almost Stealing!

Those tele-fund raising bastards have crossed the line with me. Whomever is calling raising funds in Florida for the Fire Department really needs to get their shit straight! The rudeness is one thing, but this is something else!

They called and asked me for money.

"I'm so sorry, but I really cannot afford to donate this year."

"Well," they said, "some people are giving less than normal."

"I understand, but I am broke. I can barely afford my bills right now. I would love to help, but I can't at all."

"Well, how about $20?"

"I have no money. I wish I could."

"How about $15?"

"What part of 'I have no money are you missing?'"

"$10?"

"Now you are not even listening to me. This call is over. Have a good day" and I hung up thinking it was over.

Today, in my mailbox was a letter from the Fire Department thanking me for my $35 donation and asking for their check ASAP. WHAT? This better not reflect on my credit report because I am in no way, shape, or form paying it nor am I ever giving to any of these tele-fundraisers again. PBL, PAL, ENT, FHP, etc....you have just lost a consistent and loyal donor.

Tis the Season my ass!

No comments: