Thursday, March 05, 2009

Car Shopping Ends

So after test driving a few various makes and models and talking to the holders of my lease, the grand adventure ends with me being the proud owner of...(insert drum roll here) the same car I had to start with! Yes, that is right, the holders of the lease made me an offer I would be foolish to turn down. I did check out a few newer cars for about the same price the offer to keep mine was, but I have a really nice car, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and it is much better than the Dodge Caliber I was comparing it too. This means I did buy American, just not new American so I really don't think I ended up helping the nation's economic problems in the long run, but I did help with my transportation problems, so that will have to do.


I am working on the next edition of Stanley Schwartzenburg, Defense Attorney to the Horror Movie Slashers and hope to have it up by Saturday night, Sunday night at the latest. Tune in tomorrow for our usual "It's Friday!" See you then!

2 comments:

Ed & Jeanne said...

Did you get the pressure treatment for your own car? Did you counter that its been pretty beat up and the value should be lower? Weird...

Unknown said...

It was actually lowered. They gave me a number just $500 more than the one I had in my head. I am actually happy about it, although it is weird for someone to have a chance at a new car at no real extra cost, and for them to actually pick to keep their old one.