Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A Creative Spark

I read a story today about a man's girlfriend who called 911 on him because he would not get a job.
LEBANON, Mo. — A 35-year-old man was charged in Missouri with possessing marijuana after his girlfriend called 911 and said she was tired of him smoking pot all day instead of working.


This sparked a few songs in my head that I would like to share with you.

The first is to the tune of Paul Simon's "50 Ways to Leave your Lover"


My girlfriend asked me if I plan to get a job
She was tired of dating an unemployed stoned slob
But I told her
Wouldn't it be nice
If she got a job instead.

She said there was no way that she was gonna work
She said I was acting like a loser stoned jerk
But I told her
I do this for fun
I didn't know she'd call 911

You can be a narc on Clark"
"Just call the 5-0, ho"
Don't hit the pipe, Mike
Just get a job.

Don't try and inhale Gale
Stay away from the pot, Scott
Don't get the munchies, Louise
Just get a job


Then I had another flash of inspiration:

To the tune of "The Boxer" by Simon and Garfunkel

On the sofa sits a stoner
Who cannot find a trade
He would rather just watch the TV
Smoke some pot and then get laid
But his girlfriend had enough
She cannot take no more
"I am leaving
I am leaving"
And she heads out of the door


I really enjoy sight seeing in my mind sometimes. I never know what is waiting for me there.

No comments: